Sweet Potato And Coconut Quinoa SoupFrom dcmeyers 2 years ago
- 2 large sweet potatoes shopping list
- 2 Tbsp water shopping list
- 1/2 cup onion, diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup quinoa shopping list
- 3 cups vegetable stock shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 cup coconut milk shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt (garnish) shopping list
How to make it
- Wash and peel the sweet potatoes and cut into 2- to 3-inch pieces. Boil for 5-6 minutes, until just soft but not mushy.
- Place the water and onion in a large saucepan over medium heat and cook until the onion softens, about 7 minutes. Stir in the quinoa and vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for about 15 minutes, until the quinoa is cooked.
- Add the sweet potato to the saucepan. Puree the mixture with a hand blender or cool slightly and puree in 2 batches in a blender or food processor. Return to low heat and stir in the coconut milk. Reheat slowly on low, adding the cayenne and chili powder. Ladle into bowls and top each serving with a spoonful of plain yogurt (if using).
People Who Like This Dish 0
- dcmeyers CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookdcmeyers CA
- Not added to any groups yet!