Choux Cream Or Cream PuffsFrom IchigoGirl 6 years ago
- Choux Dough: 1 cc= 1/5 teaspoon 5 cc= 1 teaspoon shopping list
- water-70cc(ml) 1/4 teaspoon= 1 gram 1 teaspoons=4 grams shopping list
- milk-70 cc(ml) shopping list
- Butter- 70g shopping list
- Granulated sugar-3g shopping list
- salt-1g shopping list
- All purpose flour-84g shopping list
- eggs-100g(About 2 eggs) shopping list
- whipped cream Fresh shopping list
- double cream-150 cc(ml) shopping list
- Granulated sugar-28g shopping list
How to make it
- Step 1 :In a saucepan, put the water,milk,butter,granulated sugar and mix together well. Put on a medium heat until the butter has melted completely, then take it off the heat. Add all of the flour and then mix it together quickly.
- Step 2: Put it on the heat again, kneading it to get rid of any excess moisture. Spread out the dough onto the bottom of the saucepan, if it sticks to the bottom of the pan then take off the heat, then put it into another bowl.
- Step 3: While the dough is still hot, add the eggs in little by little, mix it together until the dough had become of a uniform consistency, and then add a little more in, keep doing this until all the egg is gone.
- Step 4: Scoop some dough out with a spatula; if it falls the spatula in an inverted triangle, and the dough falls thinly, then it OK :).
- Step 5:Attach the nozzle to the piping bag and fill it with dough. Use something like a cup to make it easier to put the dough in.
- Step 6:On a table top spread out some oven parchment, squeeze out the dough into circles with roughly 1.5cm diameter, making sure there is enough space in between each one.
- Step 7:With a little water on the tip of your finger , gently adjust the surface of the choux creme. Then put in in an oven for about 20 minutes,, during this, the dough should start to get a little puffy, when is dose(after about 20 minutes) lower the temperature to 170 degrees C or 338 degrees F. Cook it for about another 20 minutes, to make it 40 minutes in total, but remember to keep a eye on them each oven is different so it may not need that extra 20 minutes it may need only 5-10 so keep a eye on it. Then let them cool on a wire rack
The CookIchigoGirl Ōta, Japan
- Not added to any groups yet!