Firecracker ShrimpFrom jazzychef 3 years ago
- Spicy Sauce: shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 4 teaspoons thai chili garlic sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar shopping list
- Breading: shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed (ground) sage shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil shopping list
- 8 to 12 cups vegetable shortening or oil shopping list
- 16 to 18 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- Garnish: shopping list
- 1 handful of mixed greens shopping list
- 1 green onion, chopped (green part only) shopping list
- 1 lemon shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients for chili sauce in a small bowl. Cover the sauce and
- set it aside for now.
- Combine the beaten egg with milk in a shallow bowl. Mix flour, panko, salt,
- black pepper, sage, onion powder, garlic powder, and basil in another
- shallow bowl.
- Heat shortening or oil to 350 degrees F. Use the amount of oil required by
- your fryer.
- Bread the shrimp by first coating each with the breading. Dip breaded shrimp
- into the egg and milk mixture, and then back into the breading. Arrange the
- coated shrimp on a plate and pop them into the fridge for at least 20
- minutes. This step will help the breading to stick on the shrimp when they
- are frying.
- When your oil is hot, fry the shrimp for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden
- brown. Drain on a rack or paper towels. When all of the shrimp have been
- fried, drop the shrimp into a large bowl. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the sauce
- over the shrimp and stir gently to coat. Stack the shrimp on a bed of mixed
- greens, then sprinkle the stack with chopped green onion.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- *Serves 2 to 4 as an appetizer.
The Cookjazzychef Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!