Salt CaramelFrom IchigoGirl 4 years ago
How to make it
- Step 1:Place a silicone backing sheet in the baking pan
- Step 2:Put all the ingredients in a pot and heat at a meadium-low heat. Once all the sugat melts, reduce heat to low. Try not to stir the mixture too often.
- Step 3: After 20 minutes the mixture will turn light brown. Stir the mixture slowly and continue to reduce the liquid. Be carful not to burn yourself I did the first time.
- Step 4:When th mixture gets darker tuen the stove of the mixture into a cup of cold water. If the mixture hardens in the water and you can brek it with your hands, then its ready. If the mixture hardens in the waterand you can breakit with your hands,then it's ready. If the mixture stays soft,turn the stove back on and reduce the liqid some more.
- Step 5:When the mixture is the right consistency, quickly pour it into the baking pan.
- Step 6:When the mixture starts to harden, make cut marks witha knife in 1 " squares. You can also make different shapes like rectangles and triangles. Place that baking pan inthe refrigerator to finish hardening.
- Step 7:Take the caramel out of the baking pan and break it along the cut marks.If you warp each piece in a coooking sheet, it'll be easier to eat, also give as a gift.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- IchigoGirl Ōta, Japan
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The CookIchigoGirl Ōta, Japan
- Not added to any groups yet!