Skinny Tuna Noodle CasseroleFrom Ericabree2011 2 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 4 1/2 ounces medium egg noodles shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onions shopping list
- 1 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers (green, red and yellow) shopping list
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet corn, thawed shopping list
- 1 can (10.5 oz size) reduced-calorie undiluted mushroom soup shopping list
- 8 ounces drained canned chunk light tuna packed in water, flaked shopping list
- 1/2 cup skim milk shopping list
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 slices reduced-calorie fresh whole-wheat bread, made into crumbs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese PLUS"PLUS" means this ingredient in addition to the one on the next line, often with divided uses shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray shallow 2-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large pot of boiling water, cook noodles 8 minutes, until tender. Drain; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, spray a large saucepan with nonstick cooking spray. Add onions and celery; cook, stirring frequently, about 2 minutes, until tender-crisp. Add bell peppers, mushrooms and corn.
- Continue cooking and stirring, 5 minutes longer, until tender. Stir in soup, tuna, milk, hot pepper sauce, parsley and pepper. Remove from heat; stir in noodles.
- Transfer to prepared casserole. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese; bake 15-20 minutes, until crumbs are golden brown and crisp. Top with fresh tomato slices. Serve hot.
The CookEricabree2011 San Francisco, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!