Turkey Tortilla CasseroleFrom Fanml4me 4 years ago
- 1.25 lb. package ground turkey shopping list
- 2 T. butter shopping list
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chop shopping list
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic shopping list
- 1 (10 oz) can cream of chicken soup shopping list
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chiles, drained shopping list
- 1 (4 oz) can sliced black olives shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 can evaporated milk shopping list
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cubed shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt shopping list
- 3 cups shredded cheddar & jack blend cheese shopping list
- 12 corn tortillas, cut into quarters shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, divided shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Saute chopped onion in butter, over medium heat, until translucent and tender, about 5 minutes. Add ground turkey, salt, pepper, and granulated garlic, and break apart, cooking until no longer pink - about 10 minutes.
- While turkey is cooking, in saucepan over medium heat, combine soup, chiles, olives, sour cream, evaporated milk, cream cheese, and seasoned salt. Mix well, and heat through, stirring frequently.
- Prepare large casserole dish (approx. 9x13) with nonstick cooking spray.
- Layer 1/3 of cut tortillas in bottom of casserole dish, to cover completely. Spoon 1/2 of ground turkey and onion mixture over tortillas. Spoon 1/3 of soup, sour cream, and cream cheese mixture over meat layer. Sprinkle with 1 cup shredded cheese. Drizzle 1/4 cup of whipping cream.
- Repeat with another layer of tortillas, the other 1/2 of the ground turkey mixture, another 1/3 of the soup mixture, 1 cup shredded cheese, and other 1/4 cup of whipping cream.
- Finish with final layer of tortillas, final 1/3 of the soup mixture, and final cup of shredded cheese. Sprinkle with dash of salt and pepper, if desired.
- Bake, uncovered, in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes, or until browned and bubbly. Let rest 15 minutes before serving.
The CookFanml4me San Luis Obispo, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!