Stop Using Ketchup In Bbq Sauce-bbq SauceFrom DontUseeMe 3 years ago
- 1/4 c molasses shopping list
- 1/2 dark brown sugar shopping list
- !/4 white sugar shopping list
- !/8 c kosher salt shopping list
- zest and juice of one lemon shopping list
- 1 stalk celery shopping list
- 1 small onion shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1/4 c double concentrated tomato paste (usually comes in a tube) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon paprika shopping list
- 1 tablespoon "creole" seasoning shopping list
- 1 teaspoon thyme shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 16 oz can of applesauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 c raspberry vinegar shopping list
- crushed red pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a food processor, chop celery, onion, and garlic to very fine consistency. (Should be the consistency of the applesauce.)
- In a saucepan, heat olive oil slightly, add celery, onion, and garlic mixture.. heat for about 5 minutes on a very low heat, just until you can really smell the aromas. Add all of the other ingredients, no particular order is necessary.
- Simmer on a very low heat, as low as you can make it, for 30 minutes or so... stirring well about every 5-10 minutes.
- You can use the sauce right away but it is MUCH better if you let it chill overnight.. you can make this sauce up to a week ahead of time.
- It will be a little "chunkier" than your used to with store bought sauces, this can be fixed by running through a sieve if you want it creamier.
The CookDontUseeMe Bloomington, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!