Cappichino Cake.From dutchie326 2 years ago
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® chocolate fudge cake mix shopping list
- water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box shopping list
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso coffee (dry) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 4 oz semisweet baking chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 1 container Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy dark chocolate frosting shopping list
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee (dry) shopping list
How to make it
- .Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans).
- Make and cool cake as directed on box for two 8-inch or 9-inch round pans--except add 1 tablespoon espresso and the cinnamon with the eggs and stir in the chocolate just before pouring into pans.
- 2.To make glaze, remove lid and foil cover of frosting.
- Microwave on High 20 to 30 seconds or until slightly melted.
- Stir in 2 teaspoons coffee until blended.
- 3.Place 1 cake layer, rounded side down, on serving plate.
- Carefully spread almost half the glaze to edge of layer, allowing some to drip down side.
- Top with second layer, rounded side up.
- Carefully spread remaining glaze to edge of top layer, allowing some to drip down side.
- Store loosely covered.