G's Black Bean Soup 'frito Pie' StyleFrom gkwillow 5 years ago
- 2 tsps bacon grease shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp chipotle powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cumin shopping list
- 1/4 tsp oregano shopping list
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1/4 cup salsa or picante sauce shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chicken granules shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- shredded cheddar cheese for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Saute onion, garlic and red pepper in bacon grease over medium heat till tender. Add spices to the saute and stir to mix.
- Add beans, water, chicken granules, and salsa. Simmer for 25 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to puree to desired thickness. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle soup over corn chips and top with a garnish of cheddar cheese.
The Cookgkwillow City, State
- Not added to any groups yet!