Fruit And Yogurt Cinnamon Spiked MuffinsFrom jo_jo_ba 3 years ago
- 3 large, over-ripe bananas shopping list
- 2 large, over-ripe plantains shopping list
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed shopping list
- 1/4 cup hot water shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- ½ cup (3.5 oz) soft palm sugar (or brown sugar) shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon shopping list
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- ½ cup oat flour shopping list
- ½ cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- ½ cup yogurt chips shopping list
- ½ cup cinnamon chips shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and arrange the bananas (whole, peels on) in a ceramic roasing dish.
- Bake 25 minutes, then peel into a large mixing bowl and mash thoroughly. Reduce oven to 350°F and grease or line 8 jumbo muffin cups.
- In a small dish whisk together flaxseed and hot water, let stand 10 minutes to thicken.
- Add flax mixture, vanilla and sugar to the mashed bananas and beat in well.
- Add cinnamon and blend in completely.
- Add flours, baking powder and making soda, stirring just to combine, then fold in the yogurt and cinnamon chips. See Photo
- Bake for 38 minutes. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes before unmoulding.