Jamie Oliver Style KedgereeFrom JennyR68 3 years ago
- 2 eggs, boiled for 8 minutes. (this gives a lovely creamy yolk,if you prefer 'hard' boiled cook longer shopping list
- 680g undyed smoked haddock fillets, boned. shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 170g long-grain or basmat rice shopping list
- salt and ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 clove of garlic finely chopped shopping list
- 3 tbsp Pataks Balti curry paste, or equivalent. If no paste to hand use 2 teaspoons of curry powder. shopping list
- 2 lemons shopping list
- 2 good handfuls chopped coriander shopping list
How to make it
- Put the haddock in a frying pan with the bay leaves and bring to a simmer for 5 mins till fish is cooked. Drain, set aside to cool a little then remove skin and flake the fish.Save till needed.
- Cook the rice in salted water for 10 minutes then drain and rinse with cold water. This can be done in advance and kept in fridge till needed. (Or could be left over rice from curry the day before if you have any.)
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes till soft.
- Add the curry paste or powder (to your taste, recipe is a guide) and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Add the juice of 1 lemon. Shell and cut the boiled eggs into quarters . Add the fish and rice in to the onion pan and stir gently to warm through. Then stir in the eggs and coriander.
- Serve warm with wedges of the second lemon.