Brown Rice And Mushroom SaladFrom haolewife 5 years ago
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- 2 cups brown rice shopping list
- 1/2 red onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, chopped shopping list
- 1 carrot, shredded shopping list
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package sliced mushrooms, chopped shopping list
- juice Of 2 lemons shopping list
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard shopping list
- 1 tablespoon canola oil shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan with a lid, heat 2 cups water, chicken broth, and 1 teaspoon salt over medium-high heat. Stir in the rice and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender, 40 to 45 minutes. Fluff the rice with a fork and spread it out onto a sheet pan to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooled rice, onions, celery, carrots, and mushrooms.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, brown mustard, canola oil, salt and pepper, to taste, parsley, and thyme. Whisk until well combined. Pour the dressing over the salad and gently toss everything together. Cover and refrigerate if not serving right away.
- Reserve 2 Cups for stuffed pepper recipe.
- Serve with spicy lemon chicken breasts.
The Cookhaolewife Vacaville, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!