Frosted Chocolate Peanut Butter BrownieFrom quaypocooks 5 years ago
- Ingredients for the brownies: shopping list
- One box of your favorite brownie mix shopping list
- ¾ cup smooth peanut butter 1/2 cup chopped walnuts 1 egg 2-3 tablespoons of cooking oil 1 cup water shopping list
- (for the topping see below) shopping list
- Ingredients for the frosting: shopping list
- 2 ounces (60 grams) of dark chocolate, broken into pieces shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of chili oil (this really punches up the frosting. Don't worry, it won't be a spice burn.) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of thick cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 2 heaping tablespoons of icing (powdered) sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Mehtod to make the brownies:
- Pulse until well mixed (using the third and fourth tablespoon of oil if needed) Remove contents to the mixing bowl that already holds the dry mix from the box.
- In a small bowl, stir one egg with a fork and add to the mix.
- From a cup of water, start by adding 3 tablespoons of the water to the mix and stir, adding spoonfuls of water as needed until the mix is well blended, (but not so liquid as to be pourable) Avoid using a whisk or an electric mixer. Instead use a mixing fork and avoid adding any air to the mix by a using a slower, more deliberate motion.
- Using a spatula, transfer the contents of the mixing bowl to the oiled 8” by 8” baking pan, spreading evenly across the pan.
- Bake at 350° F (175°C) for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to completely cool.
- Method to make the frosting:Whisk ingredients together until the chocolate is melted and the ingredients well blended.
- Remove the metal bowl and whisk briskly for 30 more seconds, incorporating air. Cover and set aside until completely cooled.
- Notes: This should yield a shiny, thin frosting that spreads easily and should cover the baked brownie mix with a frosting that is approximately 1/4 inch (.75 cm) thick. If you want more adjust accordingly. Pictured is a 1/2 recipe version as we prefer less frosting.
- We plated this with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream and a maraschino cherry, and used some of the cherry syrup to splash around for color.
The Cookquaypocooks Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
- Not added to any groups yet!