Fettuccine And Shrimp AlfredoFrom thepoint 4 years ago
- 1 pound uncooked fettuccine, or other pasta shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 cups half-and-half shopping list
- 2 cups grated fresh parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 2 pounds shrimp, cleaned and deveined, well drained shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta according to package directions, just to al dente. Do not add oil to the water. Reserve a cup of the cooking water when the pasta is drained.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add half-and-half, cheese, salt, and pepper; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add shrimp and continue cooking until shrimp are pink and done. Reduce heat; add pasta, tossing gently to coat. If sauce thickens too much, add a little of the reserved cooking water.
- Art's Note: This was a delightful version of alfredo. Not so rich that you felt bad about eating it. But lots of flavor. A little less shrimp would be OK. I served this with garden salad and garlic bread, on January 13, 2011.
The Cookthepoint Hagerstown, MD
- Not added to any groups yet!