Scrambled Turmeric TofuFrom jo_jo_ba 4 years ago
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil (or 1 tsp olive oil and 1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil) shopping list
- 1/2 medium Vidalia or sweet onion, diced shopping list
- 1/4 medium red bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 4 cremini or button mushrooms, thinly sliced shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 12 oz low-fat extra-firm tofu, drained and crumbled shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric shopping list
- 1/2 tsp sea salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp paprika shopping list
- 1/4 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp soy sauce (or tamari for GF) shopping list
- 3 tbsp salsa (choose heat level to your taste) shopping list
- 3 tbsp minced chives (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil(s) in a large, non-stick frypan over medium-high heat. Add the onionand cook, stirring frequently, 3 minutes.
- Add the pepper and mushrooms and cook 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the garlic, tofu, turmeric, salt, paprika, pepper and soy sauce, tossing well.
- Add to the pan with the onion mixture and cook 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the salsa and chives and stir through until hot, then serve immediately.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
On A Budget559 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Garlic Lovers460 members
Original Recipes143 members
Special NeedsRestricted55 members
Eggless Cooking Egg Substitues50 members
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members
Dairy Free110 members
The Art Of Healthy Living58 members