His Hearty Sweet Potato PastaFrom Pumpkinberry 2 years ago
- 1 large onion, peeled chopped shopping list
- 1/2 olive oil (or enough to fill the bottom of your pot) shopping list
- 1 14 oz can organic chickpeas shopping list
- 3 teaspoons minced organic garlic shopping list
- 1 tsp minced ginger shopping list
- 1 Tbsp fresh (1 tsp dried) parsley shopping list
- 1 tsp dried basil shopping list
- 1 14oz can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 2-3 cups vegetable stock (you need enough liquid to just barely cover your noodles, if some is sticking out it’s not a huge deal) shopping list
- 1 large sweet potato shopping list
- approximately half a bag (450 g) of whole wheat pasta (we used rotini). If you'd like more noodles, you can always add them, just make sure you add more vegetable stock. shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a large pot fry the onion on low or medium-low heat in olive oil for a few minutes.
- 2. Add the chickpeas, garlic, sweet potato, ginger, parsley, basil, salt & pepper (if using), and tomatoes to the pot and cook for five minutes on medium to medium high heat.
- 3. Add the stock and pasta and let that sucker cook until your pasta is done and tender. (15-20 minutes)
The CookPumpkinberry Toronto, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!