Key Lime Poke CakeFrom jaki44 2 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 1 box super moist white cake mix shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups water shopping list
- 1 tbl. vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- key lime Filling: shopping list
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated) shopping list
- 3/4 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup key lime juice shopping list
- 1 tsp. grated lime peel shopping list
- 3 or 4 drops yellow food color shopping list
- (real key lime pie is not green) shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- Your favorite homemade or canned whipped vanilla frosting shopping list
- Optional: Garnish with fresh strawberries, lime slices. shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 for shiny metal or glass pan (325 for dark or nonstick). Spray bottom only of 13x9 inch pan with baking spray with flour.
- In large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. With handle of wooden spoon, poke holes almost to bottom of cake every 1/2 inch, wiping spoon handle occasionally to reduce sticking.
- In medium bowl, stir together filling ingredients (mixture will thicken). Pour over cake, spread evenly over surface, working back and forth to fill holes. (Some filling should remain on top of cake). Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Spread frosting over cake; sprinkle with lime peel. Garnish with strawberries, lime slices, etc. if desired. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.
The Cookjaki44 Tampa, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!