Nila's Epic Stew-perior Vegan StewFrom AndyandNila 3 years ago
- 5 small potatoes shopping list
- 1 can of red kidney beans shopping list
- 1 can chickpeas shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice shopping list
- 1/2 corn shopping list
- 1 cup peas shopping list
- 4 large carrots shopping list
- 3 tomatoes shopping list
- small can mushrooms shopping list
- tomato sauce shopping list
- 5 tablespoons white wine vinegar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons balsamic shopping list
- salt/black pepper shopping list
- hot sauce (as much as desired) shopping list
- 3 teaspoons oregano shopping list
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder. shopping list
How to make it
- If you have a rice cooker start that 30mins before you want to start the soup.
- If no rice cooker, rinse rice three times, boil water 1:2 ratio (1cup rice:2cups water), and cook with lid on. Don't lift lid too much, stir once. Cook on high-mid heat for 40mins.
- Cut the potatoes and carrots into small bite size pieces and start those with the beans in a large pot. I add about 1/2 cup of water and the seasonings. You can always put broth instead.
- After 15 mins, add the rest and cook for 45 mins.
- When your rice looks good and done add that to the stew and then the tomato sauce.
- Cook for another 20 odd mins and season to taste.
- Let cool and serve!!! Or cool and store for the next couple days. Should last about 3 days.
- Good eats!
The CookAndyandNila Boston, Sweden
- Not added to any groups yet!