Lamb Shanks In Red Wine, Mushroom ReductionFrom TiffanySue 5 years ago
- 6 lamb shanks shopping list
- 1 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 onion, sliced shopping list
- 1 tsp thyme, dried shopping list
- 1 Tbsp flour shopping list
- 1 colve garlic, minced shopping list
- 4 baby bella mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 2 tomatoes pureed shopping list
- 1/2 cup red wine shopping list
- 1 cup beef broth shopping list
- 1 Tbsp worchestershire shopping list
- 1 tsp horseradish sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Season lamb with salt and pepper. Using large skillet, brown lamb shanks in olive oil. Remove from pan. Sautee onions, mushrooms, thyme and garlic in pan with remaining oil. Sprinkle with flour and stir until disolved (one minute). Add red wine. Reduce by half. Add tomatoes, broth, worchestershire, and horseradish sauce. Bring to a simmer. Return lamb to skillet. Cover and cook 15 minutes...this brings lamb to medium doneness, cook and additional 5 min. or so if desired.
- *I recommend serving over Butternut Squash Risotto.
The CookTiffanySue San Antonio, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!