Clay Pot Chicken RiceFrom Yinhomemade 6 years ago
- 6 drumsticks (Clean and deboned, sliced into pieces) shopping list
- 5pc button mushrooms (quarter) shopping list
- 5pc shallots (slices into thin pieces) shopping list
- 2 cups of jasmine rice (wash and drain) shopping list
- chicken stock or water to cook rice shopping list
- (Add less water than usual rice cooking, else rice might be too soggy after adding chicken marinade ) shopping list
- cooking oil shopping list
- chicken seasoning: To your taste shopping list
- 1 tbsp Dark soya sauce shopping list
- 2 tbsp light soya sauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce shopping list
- rice seasoning: shopping list
- 1 tbsp Dark soya sauce -adjust to your preference shopping list
- salt – to your taste shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Debone drumsticks and use the bones to make 2 and half cups of chicken stocks.
- 2. Chicken sliced into strips and marinate with seasoning and mix well.
- 3. Skin off the shallots and cut into thin slices.
- 4. Wash and quarter cut button mushrooms.
- 5. Rinse and clean 2 cups of Jasmine rice as if you are making steamed rice.
- 6. Sauté shallots until brown add in marinated chicken and stir fry until half cooked before tossing in mushrooms for a quick stir. Dish up and set aside.
- 7. Add Jasmine rice into pan, add in rice seasoning adjust to your preference, give a quick stir-fry.
- 8. Pour in chicken stocks or water and stir to mix.
- 9. Transfer the rice and chicken stocks into rice cooker and switch on to cook the rice.
- 10. Add in chicken and mushrooms when the rice is half way cooking (about 10 minutes) and continue to cook till rice is completely cooked.
- 11. Occasionally stir the rice to ease chicken cooking.
- 12. When the rice cooker switch pops up at the first time, open lid to stir to loosen up the rice and then close back the lid for the rice to rest for 5 minutes before pressing down the switch for the second time.
- 13. When the switch pops up at the 2nd time again, the chicken rice is done.
- 14. Best to leave the rice cooker on “keep warm” for 10-15 minutes before serving.
The CookYinhomemade North Shore City, New Zealand
- Not added to any groups yet!