Pasta SpinachFrom goingtoscream 4 years ago
- 5 or 6 cups cooked macaroni (any kind, I used bows) shopping list
- cook spinach drain all water out shopping list
- fry the garlic, onion, green pepper & ( mushrooms optional) shopping list
- 2 cans 14 oz tomatoes use juice shopping list
- 1 cottage cheese 500 ml or roccata shopping list
- 1 cup cheddar mixed in shopping list
- 1 cup mozzarella for top shopping list
- parmesan sprinkled on top shopping list
- pepper, salt, basil, parsley or dill shopping list
- garlic bread & salad shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the macaroni and set aside, do the same with the spinach.
- Fry the garlic, onion, green pepper and mushrooms for 5 or 10 minutes on medium heat. add the tomatoes, pepper, salt , parsley or dill and let simmer for 15 minutes. then add this mixture to the macaronie.
- In the meantime, get out a large loaf pan or round casserole dish, grease it or spray with Pam. add the cottage cheese or ricotta to the spinach, mix well.
- Shred the cheddar cheese and mozzarella set aside.
- Now place a layer of macaronie mixture, then a layer of spinich mixture, then the cottage cheese or rocotta, then the cheddar..Do this twice.
- Sprinkle the top with mozzarella and parmesan.
- bake in 350 oven until heated through, around 30 minutes to 45 minutes, the last few miutes put it on broil to make the top a little crispy if you like.
The Cookgoingtoscream Winnipeg, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!