Creamy Potato, Cauliflower And Stilton ChowderFrom softgrey 6 years ago
- 1 package frozen cauliflower (rinsed under cold water to thaw slightly) shopping list
- 3 medium potatoes- peeled and roughly cubed 1/2 inch shopping list
- 1 medium onion- sliced or chopped shopping list
- 1 TBSP bacon crumbled - cooked shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 pinch dried thyme shopping list
- 4-6 cups water shopping list
- chicken stock base- cube or powder shopping list
- tiny splash of 1/2 and 1/2 shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely crumbled Stilton cheese shopping list
- 1/2 bunch of green onions, chopped shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- salt and freshly cracked pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Add enough olive oil to a 4 quart pot to cover the bottom.
- Saute the onions and bacon until the onions are translucent and soft.
- Add the water, potatoes, thyme, bay leaf and stock base to taste.
- Cover and cook until the potatoes are almost soft.
- At this point, add the cauliflower and continue cooking until all the vegetables are soft.
- Now stir the whole thing with the stick blender until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the cream, the blue cheese and the scallions (green onions).
- Add salt and lots of pepper to taste.
- *It may be way too thick depending how much water you've added, so just feel free to stir in more water as you like, depending how thick you like your soup. It's easier to add water at the end and you don't want t end up with runny soup, so consider this as you add the water in the beginning. I like just enough water to cover the veggies and then I add more later.