Macadamia Nut Mahi MahiFrom mrcooksalot 2 years ago
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup panko shopping list
- 4 mahi-mahi fillets, 6 oz each shopping list
- salt and white pepper to taste shopping list
- togarashi spice, or pinches of crushed red pepper shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- Tropical chutney shopping list
- 1 small fresh pineapple, chopped shopping list
- 1 medium fresh papaya, chopped shopping list
- 1 TBS fresh ginger, minced shopping list
- 6 TBS granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 TBS Sambal (Asian chili sauce) shopping list
How to make it
- Mix macadamia nuts and Panko, set aside. Season fillets with salt, white pepper and togarashi spice. Dredge in flour, dip in eggs and dredge in breading. Heat a heavy cast iron skillet over a medium high grill. Add oil and when it comes to a shimmer (385-400 degrees) add breaded Mahi, and cook for two to three minutes on each side.
- In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients except chili paste. Cook on low heat for one hour until mixture has a syrupy consistency. Fold in the chili paste and serve.
The Cookmrcooksalot Denver, U.S.A.
- Not added to any groups yet!