Mondongo A La My Style(Tripe Soup)From dcruzarelli 6 years ago
- [FOR THE TRIPE] shopping list
- 4 lbs of Mondongo (Pork honeycomb Tripe) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. Dry oregano shopping list
- 1 small onion cut in half shopping list
- few Sprigs of cilantro shopping list
- 2 pcs of Ajices Dulces(small sweet peppers) shopping list
- [ FOR THE SAUCE] shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. of canola oil(or any mild tasting oil) shopping list
- 1 Heaping Tbsp. of tomato paste(I like Victorina tomato paste) shopping list
- 1 or 2 packages of Sazon goya w/. culantro & achiote(for color)I shopping list
- 1 Tsp. of my all purpose seasoning(see recipe) shopping list
- 1 Tsp. of my Dominican Condiment(see my recipe) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp of Recaito(Recipe Coming soon) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. of olives with capers shopping list
- salt & Pepper to taste shopping list
- Dash of Tabasco sauce(optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Boil Some water in a large pot, enough to submerge the tripe in. Add the oregano, cilantro, onion and the sweet peppers, cook all together(this gives the broth a nice flavor). Depending on how tough the tripe is, it can take anywhere from 15-20 minutes to cook it, its all about observing and checking for tenderness. (DO NOT OVER COOK OR YOU'LL HAVE SLIME FOR DINNER)
- When tripe is fork tender take out of the water and put it in a separate bowl. DO NOT discard the water in the pot(this is what we will season) Remove the onion. When cooled clean the tripe and cut into bite size pieces and add back to the reserved water. Simmer over medium heat.
- In a small frying pan over medium-low heat add the oil.
- To this oil add the tomato paste, and the rest of the ingredients and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add to the tripe water, simmer over medium heat for ½ hr so the flavors can blend. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with a side of white Rice and Avocado or Green Boiled plantains(my Favorito)
The Cookdcruzarelli 11214
- Not added to any groups yet!