Mixed Berry Lemon CookieFrom ArtsyandFit 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup regular apple sauce shopping list
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 tspn finely shredded lemon zest shopping list
- 1 tspn baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tspn baking soda shopping list
- 3 egg whites shopping list
- 1/3 cup skim milk shopping list
- 2 tspns lemon juice shopping list
- 1 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 and 1/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup mixed berry preserves shopping list
How to make it
- # 1) In large mixing bowl, beat the unsalted butter, 1/2 cup sweetened apple sauce, 1/2 cup of sugar, 2 tspn of lemon zest and baking powder, and baking soda. Beat until combined.
- # 2) Beat in 3 egg whites,milk, and 2 tspns lemon juice
- # 3) Beat in the flour, until combined.
- # 4) Drop dough by rounded tablespoons on ungreased cookie sheet, and bake at 350 for 6-7 minutes (half-way point), pull out the cookies and use the back of a metal teaspoon to make a "thumbprint" to each cookie. If cookie sticks to spoon, use a little flour on the back of spoon. In each thumbprint place 1 tsp mixed berry jelly/jam, return back to oven to continue to bake for 6-7 minutes.
The CookArtsyandFit Somerset, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!