Vegetarian Chili W/ Sweet PotatoesFrom raynaday 3 years ago
- 1 medium red onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chili powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin shopping list
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- kosher salt and black pepper shopping list
- 1 28-ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 15.5-ounce can black beans, rinsed shopping list
- 1 15.5-ounce can kidney beans, rinsed shopping list
- 1 medium sweet potato (about 8 ounces), peeled and cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces shopping list
- grated cheddar cheese,sour cream, sliced scallions, sliced radishes, and tortilla chips, for serving, if desired. shopping list
How to make it
- In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine the onion, bell pepper, garlic, chili powder, cumin, cocoa, cinnamon, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Add the tomatoes (and their liquid), beans, sweet potato, and 1 cup water.
- Cover and cook until the sweet potatoes are tender and the chili has thickened, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours (this will shorten total recipe time).
- Serve the chili with the grated cheddar cheese, sour cream, scallions, radishes, and tortilla chips.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- raynaday IL
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookraynaday IL
- Not added to any groups yet!