Sesame Chicken With Swiss ChardFrom otterpond 4 years ago
- 4 Skinless Boneless chicken breast shopping list
- 1/4 cup Raw sesame seeds shopping list
- 1 tbsp sesame oil shopping list
- 1 garlic clove shopping list
- 1/2 cup onions shopping list
- 1 medium red bell pepper, Raw shopping list
- 2 cups Chard, Swiss shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice powder shopping list
How to make it
- You can use leftover chicken for this. I grab 4 frozen chicken breasts and poach them in water for 5 - 8 minutes. Let the chicken cool until easy to handle and shred. Set aside.
- Heat a saute pan to medium low and pour in the sesame seed. Toast until golden brown. Keep an eye on them as the high oil content will brown these very quickly once it gets going. Set the seeds aside and use the same pan to saute the vegetables.
- Heat the sesame oil and saute the pepper (sliced into matchsticks), onion minced and garlic until just softened.
- Add the swiss chard and toss with the other vegetables until wilted then add the chicken, sesame seeds, wine, salt, pepper and five spice. Toss well again and let simmer for just a few more minutes until the moisture from the wine is gone.
- Server right away.
- Nutrition Info: http://www.livestrong.com/recipes/sesame-chicken-swiss-chard/#ixzz1D1Dl5kbX