Yeast Bread With Pumpkin SeedsFrom przytulanka 2 years ago
- 1000 g= 35 oz = 6 2/3 cup bread flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 (1/4 oz) packages dry active yeast = 6 3/4 teaspoons = 3 oz cake compressed fresh= 85.05g shopping list
- 1 Tbs sugar shopping list
- 2 cups whole milk, warm shopping list
- 113 g butter=1 stick, at room temperature shopping list
- 3 eggs, medium, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds shopping list
How to make it
- Dissolve the yeast and sugar in 1 cup of warm milk and then add this active yeast mixture to the flour, salt and rest of milk. Autolyse for 20 minutes.
- Then add the whole eggs and butter. Mix the ingredients and knead the dough. Leave the dough (covered with a linen cloth) in warm , draft-free environment to rise until double in size ( for 30-45 minutes).
- Once the dough has doubled in size punch it down.Then add the pumpkin seeds and work them through the dough. Proof for another 30-45 minutes. Shape the loaf and place in a pan .
- Preheat your oven to 500F with a pan withe a cup of water to stem the oven. Bake for 15 minutes at 450 F (230 C), then reduce the temperature to 400 F (200 C) and bake for another 15 minutes.