Pasta Fagioli SoupFrom AliciaP 5 years ago
- 2 pounds ground beef shopping list
- 1 medium white onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 large zucchini shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 1 14-ounce canned crushed tomatoes in puree - make sure it is tomatoes in puree (if not, you will not get the right consistancy & flavor) shopping list
- 1 – 2 cans of white or cannellini beans (drain & rinse) shopping list
- 1-2 bay leaves shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dried basil shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano shopping list
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon fresh rosemary shopping list
- 5 cups beef stock/broth or water (If you use water, make sure you salt it with beef bullion) shopping list
- red chili flakes shopping list
- 4 ounces small pasta shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Place the ground beef in a heavy saucepan over medium heat and brown. Season the meat with 1 teaspoon each of basil & oregano. Drain any excess fat.
- 2. Add the celery, onion, garlic and cook for 3 minutes
- 3. Add the remaining herbs, broth and tomatoes. Bring to a boil after mixing well.
- 4. Add the pasta and zucchini, reduce heat to low, stir occasionally.
- 5. Check the soup. You will be checking a couple of things, flavor first. Add salt and pepper as you see fit. Also, check the tenderness of the pasta.
- 6. When the pasta is close to soft, add red chili flakes and beans. Cook for another 5 - 8 minutes or so, until the pasta is done.
- 7. Serve and top with parmesan cheese.
The CookAliciaP Sacramento, U.S.A
- Not added to any groups yet!