Roast Chicken With Lemon And Rosemary PotatosFrom sarahjaneb 3 years ago
- 4 1/2 pound chicken shopping list
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 4 1/2 pound potaos , peeld shopping list
- large lemon shopping list
- whole garlic bulb shopping list
- a handful of fresh thyme shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- a handful of fresh rosemary shopping list
- optional: bacon rashers shopping list
How to make it
- Rub chicken inside and out with a generous amount of salt and pepper , do this in the morning if possible , and leave in the fridge covered until ready to cook.
- Preheat oven to 375
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil
- Cut potatos into gold sized pieces, put them in the water with whole lemon, cook for 12 mins
- Drain and allow to steam dry for 1 minute (this will give crispier potatos) then remove lemon and garlic
- Toss potatos in the pan whole they are still hot as their outsides get chuffed and fluffy , set aside.
- Take chicken out of fridge, pat it with paper towel and rub it all over with olive oil . While lemon is still hot poke 10 holes in it , push garlic cloves, whole lemon and thyme into cavity then place chicken in roasting tray, cook for about 45 minutes
- Remove chicken to plate and toss potatos in fat and rosemary leaves in roasting tray
- Make gap in center tray of potatos and put chicken back. If using bacon lay over breasts now cook for additional 45 minutes or unitl chicken is cooked and nice and golden.
The Cooksarahjaneb Moncton, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!