Polish Fruitcake-keksFrom przytulanka 6 years ago
- 250 g all-propose flour shopping list
- 150 g unsalted butter shopping list
- 100-120 g sugar shopping list
- 5 eggs ( yolks and whites separated) shopping list
- 350g mix of dried fruit, nuts and candied orange peel,chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 4 tablespoon rum shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- bread crumbs and butter to grease a loaf pan (11,7 x 4,4 x 3 inch ) shopping list
How to make it
- Soak dried fruit and nuts in hot water for 20 minutes, drain and chop. Mix soaked fruit with rum and set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter, sugar and yolks (add the yolks in one at a time, mixing well after each addition).
- Slowly add flour mixture to the creamed mixture, mix thoroughly.
- Beat egg whites.and add to the batter.
- Coat soaked fruit and chopped nuts with extra teaspoon of flour. Stir in the batter.
- Put batter into the pan and smooth.
- Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes until an inserted wooden pick comes out clean.