Quickie Rice PuddingFrom windy1950 3 years ago
- 1 Tbsp margarine or butter shopping list
- 1 cup uncooked extra long grain white rice shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups raisins shopping list
- 1 (4-serving) box regular or sugar free instant vanilla pudding shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg, plus extra for garnishing shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Melt butter in a 2 qt saucepan. Pour in rice and let it brown just lightly before pouring in water. Add raisins and bring to a boil.
- 2. Turn the heat down to medium low and cover with a vented lid. Set timer for 14 minutes. It will be done when there's "holes" in the rice mixture. Put in the refrigerator to cool, or do it quickly by setting the pan in a bowl full of ice cubes.
- 3. Meanwhile, make the pudding with the milk, and add the 1/4 tsp nutmeg. In a large serving bowl, add the cooled down rice mixture to the pudding and combine.
- 4. Serve room temp or chilled, with a sprinkle of extra nutmeg, if desired.
- YIELD: 6 to 8 servings
The Cookwindy1950 Flint, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!