Crepe'sFrom mobhia 3 years ago
How to make it
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients and run through with whisk (Or, if you have one, sieve dry ingredients together)
- Make a well in the center. Add the egg and half of the milk.
- Whisk together until there are no lumps.
- Add remaining milk (and vanilla if using).
- Beat for about 2-3 mins to entrap as much air in the mix as possible.
- Cover and store in the fridge for about 30 mins.
- In a non-stick frying pan, spray some non-stick spray (or use just enough butter or oil to coat the pan)
- Remove the batter from the fridge and place the pan on medium heat.
- Using a soup ladle, spoon one ladle at a time into the pan and swirl to spread out the batter (Do this quickly as the crêpe will start to cook immediately)
- When the edges of the crêpe begin to curl up and small bubbles appear on the surface(should not take more than a minute or two), flip the crêpe over with a rubber spatula and cook until bubbles begin to form on the surface and underside has browned slightly.
- The first crêpe never really works out, so don't be disheartened!
- Store cooked crepes on a plate in a warm oven to retain heat while you finish the others ( they won't stick together, don't worry)
- Suggestions; Serve with chopped banana and honey, maple syrup, lemon juice and sugar, nutella
The Cookmobhia Somewhere, Ireland
- Not added to any groups yet!