Bento No. 4From RavenWhite 6 years ago
- 2 Cups cooked white rice.(Short grain sticky rice.) shopping list
- 2 sheets of roasted seaweed wrap shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 5 cherry tomatoes shopping list
- 1 cucumber cut in half shopping list
- 5 little smoked sausages. some cut in half and bottoms taken off. shopping list
- rice vinegar shopping list
- sugar shopping list
- sea salt shopping list
- soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp water shopping list
- 1 large lemon shopping list
- 5 cabbage leaves shopping list
- 1 medium carrot cut into match sticks shopping list
How to make it
- The night before make the pickled veggies. Cut half the cucumber up in thin slices. Then chop up 3 cabbage leaves. Put into a zip lock bag with some sea salt and add the lemon juice from the lemon. Let set at least 10 hours in fridge. Drain off before adding to the bento box.
- Put rice on to cook. While its cooking prepare the items for the sushi roll. Get a medium bowl to put the rice vinegar and sugar and a dash of salt in. You want to use about 2 tbsp rice vinegar and 2 tsp of sugar. When you make the sushi rice use 1 cup of the rice. Cut the carrot into match sticks. Slice a couple of thin pieces of cucumber from the other half of the cucumber you didn't use. Slice the 2 other cabbage leaves.
- Take the little sausages and cut them to make little crabs squid and octopus.*Octopus are kept whole with one of the bottom parts cut off then slit 3 times around to make the little feet. Cook in some vegetable oil until browned and place on paper towel to get off excess oil and let cool.
- For your omelette. Scramble 1 tsp soy sauce with the water and a dash of sugar with the egg. Heat up a frying pan with oil in it. Wait until its very hot but not so hot its gonna burn. Pour it in cook it by twirling your fork in the center while it cooks so it does a better job of cooking. Leave it be until all done then fold it carefully like a omelette. Place on paper towel to cool and let soak moisture out.
- Make your sushi by making the sushi rice first then putting it on the wrap. make sure to leave a couple of inches on the end so the rice won't fall out. Add cabbage leaves then carrots and cucumber. Roll with your hands carefully but quickly. Cut with butcher knife that is sharp.
- Make two riceballs and add nori to them to make them easy to pick up.
- Put everything in the bento box add some balck sesame seeds ontop and the cherry tomatoes around. Enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 0
- RavenWhite Bowling Green, Kentucky
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The CookRavenWhite Bowling Green, Kentucky
- Not added to any groups yet!