Chickpeas In Spicy Tomato GravyFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- 6 garlic cloves,chopped shopping list
- 2 jalapenos,chopped shopping list
- one 2" piece fresh ginger,peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1/4 c vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 onions,cut in 1/4" dice shopping list
- 2 TB ground cumin shopping list
- 1 TB ground coriander shopping list
- 3/4 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1-1/2 c canned dice tomatoes shopping list
- 2 15 oz cans chickpeas,drained and rinsed shopping list
- 2 c water shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 2 TB cilantro leaves shopping list
How to make it
- In min processor,combine garlic,jalapenos and ginger and process to paste.
- In large,non-stick skillet,heat oil. Add onions and cook over moderately high heat till sizzling,about 3 mins. Reduce heat to moderate and cook,stirring occasionally,until onions are browned,about 7 mins.
- Add garlic paste and cook,stirring,until fragrant,about 2 mins. Add cumin,coriander and cayenne and cook,stirring,1 min. Add the tomatoes and simmer over moderate heat until thickened,about 6 mins. Add the chickpeas and water and simmer until the chickpeas are flavored with the gravy,about 8 mins. Season chickpeas with salt. Garnish with cilantro and serve.