Mussels With White Wine RecipeFrom EatLowSodium 5 years ago
How to make it
- Rinse and scrub mussels under cold water. Using your fingers or a knife, remove beards (strings that hang from the mussel shells), and discard them.
- Heat a little bit of oil in a stockpot, add the finely chopped onions and cook them until they soften.
- Add the wine, fish broth or water and garlic. Bring the mixture to boil.
- Add the mussels, stir well, then cover the pot, and cook over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, until all the mussels are open (discard any that does not open).
- Add and stir in herbs (cilantro or celery).
- With the lid on, shake the pot once or twice to be sure the mussels don't burn on the bottom. Remove from heat. Pour the mussels and the sauce into a large bowl and serve hot.
- Enjoy your healthy and delicious meal!
The CookEatLowSodium Miami, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!