Hangover SoupFrom HangoverMary 3 years ago
- 1 to 1-1/2 heads garlic, broken apart but not peeled shopping list
- 32 ounces vegetable or chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning shopping list
- 1/4 t. ground sage shopping list
- 1/4 t. dried or fresh rosemary leaves shopping list
- 1-2 whole cloves shopping list
- 64 ounces V-8 or store brand tomato vegetable juice shopping list
- (optional) 1 cup dried elbow or shell macaroni shopping list
- Toppings : shopping list
- cubed avocado shopping list
- grated cheddar shopping list
- coarsely chopped cilantro shopping list
- fresh ground pepper shopping list
- bread croutons shopping list
How to make it
- Bring broth, garlic, and seasonings to boil in large stock pot. Reduce to low boil and cook 45 minutes. Strain garlic skins through mesh collinder, reserving soup stock. Mash as much garlic as possible though the mesh using a wooden spoon. I also scrape it off the bottom of the strainer.
- Return the stock to the original pot, add V-8 jiuce. Return to a boil then simmer 15 more minutes. Add macaroni at this time is desired.
- Serve with a selection of toppings, avacado, grated cheese, cilantro, croutons, ground pepper
The CookHangoverMary Carmichael, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!