Cheddar Corn Muffins With Pumpkin SeedsFrom doreenfish 5 years ago
- 1 cup (250 mL) cornmeal shopping list
- 1 cup (250 mL) whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt shopping list
- 1 tsp (5 mL) freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1⁄2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 can (10 oz/284 mL) creamed corn shopping list
- 1 cup (250 mL) plain yogurt or buttermilk shopping list
- 1⁄4 cup (50 mL) vegetable oil shopping list
- 1⁄2 cup (125 mL) raw green pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds shopping list
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C)
- In a medium bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, cheese, salt,pepper and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, creamed corn, yogurt and oil. Gradually fold in flour mixture until just combined. Stir in pumpkin seeds and parsley.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups of 12-cup muffin tin (lightly greased or lined with paper cups)
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until tops are firm to the touch and a tester inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- 6. Let cool in tin for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
The Cookdoreenfish Thessalon, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!