Rob’s Jamaican Jerk Chicken CasseroleFrom oldinjun 3 years ago
- Rob’s Jamaican Jerk chicken Casserole (Wife Approved) shopping list
- 6 servings shopping list
- Ingredients shopping list
- 1 ¼ teaspoons salt shopping list
- ½-teaspoon pumpkin pie spice shopping list
- ¾-teaspoon ground allspice shopping list
- ¾ teaspoon dried thyme leaves shopping list
- ½ -teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne) shopping list
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2 ½ lbs) shopping list
- 1-tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 cans (15 oz) black beans, drained shopping list
- 2 large sweet potatoes (2 lbs), peeled, cubed (about 3 cups) shopping list
- ½-cup honey shopping list
- juice of two limes shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions (2 medium) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat oven to 375°F. Spray a 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray. In small bowl, mix salt, pumpkin pie spice, allspice, thyme and red pepper. Rub mixture on all sides of chicken. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in oil 2 to 3 minutes per side, until brown.
- 2. In baking dish, layer beans then sweet potato. Top with browned chicken. In small bowl, mix honey, limejuice and cornstarch; add to a small pot. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Pour over chicken in baking dish.
- 3. Bake 1 hour or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is, cut (180°F) and sweet potatoes is fork tender. Sprinkle with green onions.
- 4. Serve over rice.