Coffee LiqueurFrom wyniskitchen 6 years ago
How to make it
- Use some good, strong coffee, preferably not instant, and brew two STRONG cups.
- Put the sugar, water, vanilla and cinnamon stick in a casserole (pot) and bring to a simmer. Add the 2 cups of coffee and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Add the vodka or rum.
- I usually pour mine into a large jar (1.5L) which I shake everyday - to stir up the coffee residue and get the flavours mixing a bit. After about 10 days I take out the cinnamon stick and pour the coffee liqueur into bottels.
- Makes about 2 x 750ml bottels
- It is great to drink on its own (ice cold) or over crushed ice or in a cocktail.
The Cookwyniskitchen Blue Bay, Mauritius
- Not added to any groups yet!