Fruity Moroccan ChickenFrom blkjkoknhrt 2 years ago
- 4-6 bone-in chicken thighs or boneless breasts, skinned and rinsed. shopping list
- 1 large onion, sliced into thin wedges. shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, minced. shopping list
- 1/2 tsp each of cumin, paprika and turmeric, and 1/4 tsp cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, salt + pepper. Or adjust to your own taste. shopping list
- 1 1/2 c chicken broth or water shopping list
- 1/2 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tbsp liquid honey shopping list
- 3 carrots or 2 potatoes, cubed (or 2 c of your favorite veggies, chopped coarsely). shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped apricots, prunes or seedless raisins, soaked. shopping list
- 1 cup couscous or cooked noodles. shopping list
- 4 green onions, thickly sliced (optional). shopping list
How to make it
- 1.Soak dried fruit in 1/2 c hot water with the honey and lemon juice.
- 2.Skin, rinse and pat dry chicken.
- 3.Slice onion in thin wedges and saute in a large frying pan with garlic and spices.
- 4.Add broth, macerated fruit and carrots. Bring back to boil. Simmer over medium heat, covered, until root veggies is softened, about 10 minutes.
- 5.Place chicken in sauce. Turn to cover.
- 6.Reduce heat to medium-low for up to 60 minutes, depending on size of thighs (reduce cooking time if using breasts). Stir frequently and turn chicken halfway through.
- 7.Don't let sauce dry out, add water as needed.
- 8.If using softer veggies (eggplant, zucchini, squash, yams) add when you turn chicken halfway through. Kepp liquid just to cover chicken.
- 9.Optional; remove chicken to a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm. Stir couscous and green onions into sauce. Cover pan and turn off heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve chicken on top of couscous. Also good over cooked noodles, rice or pasta.
The Cookblkjkoknhrt Winnipeg, Cana
- Not added to any groups yet!