Best Buttermilk PancakesFrom choclytcandy 3 years ago
- Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- ½ teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 cups buttermilk shopping list
- ¼ cup sour cream shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly shopping list
- 1 to 2 teaspoon vegetable oil, for greasing the pan shopping list
- Yield: Sixteen 4-inch pancakes shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a medium bowl. In a second medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, sour cream, eggs and melted butter. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients; gently stir until just combined (batter should remain lumpy with a few streaks of flour). Do not overmix. Allow the batter to sit for 10 minutes before cooking.
- 2. Heat 1 teaspoon of the vegetable oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Using a paper towel, carefully wipe out oil, leaving a thin film of oil on the bottom of the pan. Using ¼ cup measure, portion batter into pan in 4 places. Cook until edges are set, first side is golden brown, and bubbles on surface are just beginning to break, 2 to 3 minutes. Using a thin, wide spatula, flip pancakes and continue to cook until second side is golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes longer. Serve pancakes immediately. Repeat with remaining batter, using remaining oil as needed.
- *Note 1: This recipe was formulated using lower-protein flour such as Pillsbury and Gold Medal. If you use flour with a little higher protein content like King Arthur, you will need to add 1 to 2 more tablespoons of buttermilk. I forgot about this at first, and when I mixed the batter I saw how thick it was. I added 1½ more tablespoons of buttermilk and the batter was perfect.
- *Note 2: If you make these on an electric griddle, preheat it to 350 degrees F.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!