Blueberry Muffins With Cinnamon CrumbleFrom doreenfish 2 years ago
- For the cinnamon crumble shopping list
- 1/2 c ap flour shopping list
- 1/4 c packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 c cold butter, cut into chunks shopping list
- FOR THE MUFFINS shopping list
- 2 c ap flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 c butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 c sugar shopping list
- 2 lg eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 c buttermilk....if i am out of buttermilk i have used sour milk and it works well too shopping list
- 1 c fresh or frozen blueberries...no need to thaw shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To make the crumble:
- In a medium bowl combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Add the butter and work in with your fingers until crumbly.Set aside
- To make muffins:
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a small bowl sift together the flour with baking soada and powder, salt cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Cream the butter and sugar ina large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add teh eggs beating after each one.
- On low speed add the flour mixture in 3 additions alternating with the buttermilk..
- Gently fold in the blueberries. Spoon the batter into tin and sprinkle crumble over top.
- Bake for 20 -25 mins until toothpick inserted comes out clean.Cool in pan for ten mins .
- Freezes well!!
- In the original recipe it called for unsalted butter and a mixture of AP flour and cake flour. I have been making them as above for 5 years and they are great!! If you want to you can use unsalted butter in place of the salted and use 1 1/2 cups AP flour and 1/2 cup cake flour.
- These are the best blueberry muffins I have ever had!!
The Cookdoreenfish Thessalon, Canada
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!