Beer Beef StewFrom doreenfish 2 years ago
- 2 lb stewing beef cut into 1 inch cubes shopping list
- 1/4 c flour shopping list
- 2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1/4 c vegetable oil ( i use olive) shopping list
- 1/4 c vegeatable oil (yes this is not a mistake ...it is needed for the second step) shopping list
- 2 lb onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 btl 12 oz beer, any kind shopping list
- 1 Tbsp soya sauce shopping list
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 Tbsp steak sauce shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1/2 tsp thyme, dried shopping list
- 3 potatoes, peeled and quartered shopping list
- 1 pkg 10 oz frozen peas or 5 carrots chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Dredge the meat in the 1/4 cup of flour, 2 tsps salt and 1/2 tsp pepper.Heat the 1/4 cup of oil in a large frypan. Add meat and brown in batches.
- Ina large saucepan or dutch oven heat the 2nd 1/4 cup of oil. Add the onions and garlic and cook till onion is transparent. Combine browned meat with onion mixture and add the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is tender. Add the potatoes and simmer covered an additional 20 minutes or until potatoes are are partially cooked. Stir in the green peas. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender. Remove bay leaves and serve.
The Cookdoreenfish Thessalon, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!