Carrot CakeFrom sweetstacia 4 years ago
- cake Ingredients shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups cups finely grated baby carrots shopping list
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans (optional) shopping list
- cream cheese icing shopping list
- 1package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 4 Tablespoons butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons of milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom and sides of one 13x9-inch pan or two 8-inch or 9-inch round pans with shortening; lightly flour. In large bowl, beat granulated sugar, oil and eggs with electric mixer on low about 30 seconds or until blended. Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda, 1 teaspoon vanilla and the salt; beat on low speed 1 minute. Stir in carrots and nuts. Pour into pan(s).
- Bake 13x9-inch pan 40 to 45 minutes, round pans 30 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.. Cool rectangle in pan on cooling rack. Cool rounds 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, milk and vanilla with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Gradually beat in powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, on low speed until smooth and spreadable. Frost 13x9-inch cake or fill and frost round layers with frosting. Store in refrigerator.
The Cooksweetstacia Hutto, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!