Green Chile Chicken CasseroleFrom hollysanchez 6 years ago
- 2lbs chicken breast cooked ( anyway) and shredded shopping list
- 2 cups of jalapeno jack cheese shopping list
- 1 cup of mexican cheese, any kind I use either panela or what ever the Mexican store has on sale. shopping list
- 1 Large can of green chili enchilada sauce shopping list
- 2 Pasilla peppers or Anaheim cook these separate in oven at about 450 for 15 min then flip and wait 15 more minutes. Immediately put peppers in a bag. Wait 15 min then peel outer wax layer off. clean and slice. shopping list
- 1 small can of olives shopping list
- 1 bunch of green onion18 corn tortillas shopping list
- Optional: cilantro onion mix and sour cream to top. shopping list
How to make it
- After cooking chicken and peppers. Place to side. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Warm tortillas in microwave. Place about 4-6 tortillas in bottom of oblong pan to cover. Spread chicken then jack cheese to cover, then drizzle a little green sauce over it. Make another layer of tortillas then add chicken , green chili's, and jack cheese . Drizzle sauce again. Make one more layer of tortillas but this time cover in green sauce add Mexican cheese, olives and green onions (chopped). Bake about 30 min covered.
- Slice and serve. Top with a cilantro onion mix and sour cream. MMMM Yummy!
The Cookhollysanchez Monrovia, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!