A Very Nice Ham GlazeFrom twill10 5 years ago
- Dont really have a recipe for this , because it depends on several factors:how big the ham is and how much glaze you want to use as a sauce. So here it goes. shopping list
- 1-3 lb. ham, your choice boneless , pre -fab or what ever you like. shopping list
- 1 cup Karo clear syrup shopping list
- fresh ground pepper or cracked shopping list
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves. shopping list
- A dash of salt optional shopping list
- a tbs. unsalted butter if desired. shopping list
- A taste of lemon if desired shopping list
- 1/2 brown sugar shopping list
- a dash of white vinegar. shopping list
How to make it
- Put ham in Oven on 300 to 350 dgrees, top with the brown sugar and sprinkle with the white vinegar, cook uncovered till the brown sugar melts
- In a small sauce pan heat the Karo syrup, and the apricot preserves
- Add any of the above items , except the pepper and lemon.
- Add the lemon at the end of cooking for the glaze to add some extra tartness.
- When the ham has cooked about 2 hours (for The 3 lb. ham) coat with the above glaze and sprinkle the top with the fresh ground black pepper.
- Cover and cook about another hour covered.
- At the end of cooking uncover and coat one more time with the glaze and pepper, if desired. I only used the pepper once.
- This is a very friendly user recipe and you can make this anyway you want, here you have the basic foundation. Add your own jelly, fruit or preserves.
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!