Split Pea SoupFrom JanetDW 3 years ago
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham and/or 1 meaty ham bone shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups dry split peas, sorted shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 cup chopped celery with leaves shopping list
- 1 cup chopped carrot shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. snipped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
How to make it
- In 4-6 quart crockpot, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. Just before serving use a potato masher to mash some of the peas in the soup for a thicker consistency if needed.
- Using a meaty ham bone, with or without the cubed ham, adds old-time flavor.
The CookJanetDW The Mitten State, Earth
- Not added to any groups yet!