Carrot Bread With Cream Cheese IcingFrom pleclare 5 years ago
- 2 c flour shopping list
- 2/3 c packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom or nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 c shredded carrots shopping list
- 2 beaten eggs shopping list
- 2/3 c milk shopping list
- 1/3 c canola oil shopping list
- 1 recipe cream cheese icing(below) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350' Grease bottom and 1/2" up sides of 8x4" loaf pan or three small loaf pans;set aside.
- In bowl,stir together flour,brown sugar,baking powder,cinnamon,cardamom or nutmeg,soda and salt. In another bowl,combine carrots,eggs,milk and oil;add to dry ingredients,stirring just till moistened.
- Pour batter into prepared pan or pans. Bake 55 mins to 60 mins for large loaf or 30-35 mins for small loaves(check 10 to 15 mins. before end of baking time,if getting too brown,cover loosely with foil). Cool in pan 10 mins;remove,cool completely on rack.
- Wrap in foil;store overnight before slicing. Store up to 3 days at room temp. or freeze up to 3 month. . Glaze with cream cheese icing just before serving.
- Cream Cheese Icing: Whisk together 1 oz. (2 TB ) cream cheese,3/4 c powdered sugar,and a little milk(3 to 4 tsp) until smooth and glazelike. Drizzle over carrot bread.