Pasta With Red Clam Sauce And ShrimpFrom canesgirl1186 3 years ago
- 1/2 lb any thin pasta shopping list
- shrimp shopping list
- 2 cans chopped clams, with juice shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 1 16oz can diced tomatoes with garlic and basil, half juice reserved shopping list
- 1 12oz favorite tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 small onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tbsp oregano shopping list
- 1 tbsp basil shopping list
- kosher salt/fresh cracked pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp (or to taste) red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/2 tsp each: paprika, cayenne, onion powder, garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tbsp margarine shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Boil water and salt liberally and cook pasta to al dente.
- Using defrosted, peeled shrimp pat dry and coat in paprika, cayenne, onion and garlic powder, salt and pepper. Set aside and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and coat bottom with olive oil. Add the shrimp and cook until 3/4 cooked. Remove from pan and set aside. In the same pan, add garlic and onions with a touch more olive oil. Cook until tender (3-5 minutes) and add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and clam juice. Stir for 2-3 minutes until bottom of pan is cleared of spices. Add remaining spices and margarine. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer. Simmer about 15 minutes, until sauce has reduced by half. Add clams and shrimp and cook for 5 minutes. Add cooked pasta, stir together. Top with Parmesan cheese and serve.
The Cookcanesgirl1186 Kendall West, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!